The Southern African Polygraph Federation (SAPFED) is the polygraph association of choice of all professional polygraph examiners in South – and Southern Africa as SAPFED provides them with a united voice to promote and celebrate honesty, integrity and most of all, the true nature of Ubuntu.
SAPFED empowers its members to articulate the unique diverse, multi – cultural nature of forensic psycho-physiological detection of deception in Southern Africa, thereby contributing in a meaningful way to the science and practice of forensic psycho-physiological detection of deception with the aid of the polygraph technique
It is the mission of the Southern African Polygraph Federation to:
- Promote the highest levels of professionalism in the field of forensic psycho-physiological detection of deception with the aid of the polygraph technique, in keeping with accepted international best practice;
- Provide a united platform nationally as well as internationally for its members to contribute to the science in a meaningful manner;
- Provide its members with all possible opportunity to continuously enhance their knowledge base, their expertise and professional confidence to play a meaningful role in the forensic sciences arena nationally and internationally;
- To actively encourage members of previous disadvantaged groups to enter the profession;
- Continuously advance the public image of its members by assisting its members to provide the best possible service to the broader public in the region, and to communicate effectively about the value of forensic psycho-physiological detection of deception with the aid of the polygraph technique.
SAPFED and its members consider themselves bound to the following guiding principles:
- A total dedication to the quest of uncovering the truth to combat crime and corruption in all spheres of society;
- A total dedication to the highest levels of professionalism in the execution of their trade by the exclusive and uncompromising application of internationally accepted protocols;
- A total dedication to the principles of conduct as contained in SAPFED’s Code of Ethics;
- The encouragement of and the provision of active support to individuals of previous disadvantaged backgrounds to enter the ranks of professional polygraph examiners;
- The need to develop and present a training course with due regard for local imperatives such as cultural diversity and developmental differences, which will be internationally recognised, thereby enabling the meaningful training of individuals from this region in the theory and practise of forensic psycho-physiological detection of deception using the polygraph technique;
- The importance of embarking on meaningful research in the field to enable this region to contribute to the science; and;
- To foster a spirit of mutual regard and tolerance amongst SAPFED members to encourage and uplift each other, however without condoning mediocrity and dishonesty.
Director: Finance and Membership (DFM)
Director: Ethics and Standards
Annemarie van Staden
Director: Training and Development (DTD)
Director: Policy and Legislation