|Vice-President (VP)||Amelia Grieselemail@example.com|
|Director: Administration (DA)||Anrich Gouwsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director: Finance and Membership (DFM)||Chris Scheepersemail@example.com|
|Director: Policy and Legislation (DPL)||Gerald Watsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director: Ethics and Standards (DES)||Marc Besteremail@example.com|
|Director: Training and Development (DTD)||Adel van Wyngaardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
He studied forensic psycho-physiology (polygraph) with Argenbright International Institute of Polygraph in Atlanta, Georgia, USA in 1999. He has attained the following certificates in advanced and specialized psycho-physiological detection of deception:
- Chuck Slupski (American International Institute of polygraph, USA): 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2009
- Yazmin Bronkema (Lafayette Polygraph) and Ryan De Lange (Labour Workshop RSA), 2013
- Patrick O Burke (The Polygraph Institute, USA), 2014
- Ray Nelson (Lafayette Polygraph Instrument Company, USA), 2015
He has been a polygraph examiner for 18 years and has up to date conducted approximately 17 000 polygraph tests for a broad spectrum of companies including Blue Chip companies. He has also conducted numerous forensic investigations for these companies with impressive analytical and accurate results that have afforded him a reputation in high demand.
His reporting and feedback skills are of the highest quality and accuracy that it has been able to stand strongly with hearings. He is very analytically and statistically orientated and operates with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism. Flip is one of the founding members of SAPFED.
He served in South African Police Services for 13 years and obtained a Diploma in Police Administration at Technikon SA in 1986. He served as the Staff Officer for the Commissioner of the Detective Services and Narcotics and specialised in investigations, narcotics, special units and crime prevention.
He is a part-time lecturer for the training program for polygraph examiners from the Polygraph Academy, South Africa, being responsible polygraph techniques and scoring criteria.
He is a member of the SAPFED and BEPA (British and European Polygraph Association) and is a former Vice- President of SAPPA (South African Professional Polygraph Association).
|Crime Scene Investigator||SA Police Service||1991-1999|
|Polygraph examiner||CSI Africa||2000 to date|
- Forensic Psychophysiology (Polygraph Examiner)
- Forensic Crime Scene Investigation (SAPS)
- Basic fingerprint course
- Advanced fingerprint course
- Forensic fieldworker’s course
- Junior and senior commanders course in respect to the fingerprint science.
- Advanced Crime Scene Investigation (SAPS)
- Forensic Assessment interview and Integrated Interrogation Technique
- Data Analysis and Deliberate Distortions: Countermeasures and Augmentations
- PSIRA – Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority
- Accredited – American Polygraph Association
- President – South African Professional Polygraph Association (2008-2010)
- Association of certified Fraud Examiners – South Africa Chapter
- Certificate of Suitability – Gauteng Gambling Board
He is an Honours BA Criminology (Unisa) graduate with four years of investigative experience in the South African retail, banking and diamond mining industry. He has completed more than 5 400 hours of polygraph and interviewing experience to date.
He graduated from the American International Institute of Polygraph basic training course in 2013 and has attended annual continuing training presented by SAPFED. He has served with great success as an expert witness in a variety of settings including arbitration and criminal proceedings. He is currently contributing to the extended use of polygraphy in South Africa by preparing an experimental application of polygraphy in the Department of Corrections, as part of his dissertation for his Master of Arts degree in Criminology.
He has been a member of SAPFED since 2013 and has served as a Board member since 2015.
He has been a member of the Criminological Society of Southern Africa (CRIMSA) since 2013.
He has twenty-five year of risk management and consultancy experience in the casino resort, aviation, tourism, petrochemical, mining, banking, retail and diplomatic sectors. During this time he was security and surveillance manager at various Sun International operations in South Africa, Namibia and the Grand Comoros.
He was a co-owner of Ithongo Security services and performed security work in Iraq and Afghanistan before entering the polygraph industry.
He graduated as a polygraph examiner from the Maryland Institute of Criminal Justice in Baltimore, Maryland, USA in 2005.
In 2012, he furthered his polygraph education with the Academy of Polygraph Science in Fort Myers, Florida, USA under the tutorship of Ben Blalock. He is qualified as a post-conviction sex offender examiner and has completed an advanced polygraph course.
He has attended various advanced polygraph seminars to keep current with the bi-annual required standards of the American Polygraph Association.
He has conducted more than 11 000 polygraph examinations to date in South Africa, Africa and the Middle East. Of these more than 4000 examinations were conducted in support of contracts issued by the US Department of Defence, US Department of State and the oil and gas industry in Iraq and Afghanistan.
He has conducted polygraph examinations on a multitude of cultures, including European (British, American, Australian, Romanian, Russian), Middle-Eastern (Afghanistan, Pakistani, Iraqi, Kurdistani), Eastern (Nepalese, Indian, Filipino); African (South African, Angolan, Zimbabwean, Ugandan, Kenyan, Sierra Leonean, Nigerian, Malawian, Congolese and Mozambican.)
He has a good knowledge of industrial relations and has had practical hands-on experience of industrial relations and of investigative, disciplinary, industrial action and the CCMA processes in South Africa.
He is also a member of the British Polygraph Association.
He served in the South African Intelligence Community for 20 years, initially in the Military Intelligence Service (1977-79), then in the National Intelligence Service/Agency (1981-95) and finally in the South African Secret Service (SASS) (1996-97) in an operational and managerial capacity. This included six years abroad in operational (diplomatic) posts in London (twice) and New York and he serving on three National Intelligence Co-ordinating Committee inter-departmental committees that formulated strategic intelligence and national security policy for government.
In his final position as Divisional Head: Foreign and Personnel Security (Director level) in SASS, he was responsible for all counter-intelligence investigations, all personnel security vetting processes and all polygraph testing in SASS and at 96 South African diplomatic and consular offices abroad. In 1997, he resigned from government to pursue a career in polygraphy.
He qualifying as a polygraphist at the American International Institute of Polygraph in Atlanta, Georgia, USA in November 1997 and established The Polygraph Professionals cc in Pretoria. He has conducted polygraph testing throughout Southern Africa and has completed over 8 000 polygraph examinations to date.
In July 2000, he was recruited by the Abu Dhabi Police to work in the United Arab Emirates, initially as a specialist police instructor and later as a strategic training and development advisor to the Criminal Investigation department of the ADP. He served in this capacity for 5 years. He returned to South Africa in July 2005 and continues to manage The Polygraph Professionals cc, throughout Gauteng-North and Limpopo provinces.
He has completed over 40 formal training courses in various operational fields and has supporting practical expertise in the following: general and operational management, crime prevention, criminal investigations, counter-espionage and counter intelligence investigations, all aspects of forensic science, covert surveillance, covert intelligence collection and analysis, preventive and reactive policing, risk management, VIP protection, counter-terrorism, personnel vetting, disputed document analysis, interrogation and forensic interviewing techniques (FAINT).
He has the following academic qualifications:
- Masters (M Tech) degree in Security Management (Dissertation: An examination of the operational application and utilization of polygraph testing: A case study in the Limpopo Province)
- Honours Bachelors degree in Criminology (specialising in Victimology)
- Bachelor degree in Police Science
- Bachelor degree in Criminology and African Politics
- Advanced 3-year Modular Programme in Security Management
- Diploma in Development Studies
- Attended a one-year Programme in Business Leadership
He is/was a member of the following academic institutions and professional associations:
- Criminological Society of Southern Africa (CRIMSA) since 1987
- Security Association of South Africa (SASA) from 1995 to 2015
- South African Institute of Security (SAIS) since 1997, currently a Board member
- Polygraph Association of South Africa (PASA) from 1997 to 2001, former Vice-President
- American Polygraph Association (APA) since 1997
- Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority, Grade ‘A’ officer (Management) since 1997
- British and European Polygraph Association (BEPA) since 2011
- Southern African Polygraph Federation (SAPFED), since 2014, currently a Board member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) since 2016
He is currently the only polygraphist in South Africa to hold a Masters degree with a research focus on polygraphy.
- B Tech Degree – Security Risk Management (UNISA)
- National Higher Cert: Human Resource Management (UNISA)
- National Cert: Computer Programming (UNISA)
- Qualified at American International Institute of Polygraph in 2004
- Done in excess of 13 000 polygraph tests
- Southern African Polygraph Federation (SAPFED), Board member for past 3 years
- Twice attended annual APA conference in the USA
- APA member since 2004
- PSIRA registered
- Founder of Western-Cape polygraph forum/Cape association of polygraph examiners
- Former-Board member of SAPPA for 4 years
- Cape Canopy 3 Parachute Battalion – member since 1994
- 1993 SA Defence Force, 44 Parachute Brigade – qualified paratrooper
- 1994 – 2004 De Beers Marine – Criminal Investigator / Risk Analyst
- 2004 – present Polygraph Truth Investigations – owner
Adel Van Wyngaard
In 2003, she completed her basic polygraph course training at the Academy for Scientific Investigative Training, Philadelphia, USA. To date she has conducted over 16 000 polygraph examinations.
She attended the following courses:
- FAINT with statement credibility in 2000.
- Advanced seminar in forensic psychophysiology and post-conviction sexual offender testing in 2004.
- Advanced Seminar in FAINT in 2008.
- Advanced forensic psychophysiology seminar in countermeasures and deliberate distortions in 2008.
- Advanced seminar in forensic psychophysiology in 2010.
- Advanced seminar in validated polygraph techniques and scoring systems in 2011.
- Advanced seminar in validated polygraph techniques, IZCT, pre-employment screening, forensic statement analysis in 2012.
- Professional development workshop in Labour Relations on polygraph testimony & interviewing in 2013.
- Advanced training on the Lafayette polygraph system in 2013.
- Professional development seminar on validated polygraph test and interviewing techniques in 2014.
- Professional development seminar on latest APA policies, Lafayette software and Divisional Affiliate membership in 2016
She is a member of the following polygraph-related associations:
- Board member at the Southern African Polygraph Federation (2011-current
- British and European Polygraph Association (2013-current)
She has previously held the following positions in polygraph-related associations:
- Polygraph Association of South Africa (2003-2011)
- American Polygraph Association (2003-2007)
- Board member of the Polygraph Association of South Africa (2000-2011)
- Board member of the Southern African Polygraph Federation (2011-2013)
- Co-founding member of the Southern African Polygraph Federation (2011)